The 16th Annual Grand Isle Ladies Rodeo will be held on Columbus Day Weekend
October 11 & 12, 2024.
The entry fee of $ 30.00 includes a rodeo hat and/or visor, rodeo ticket, entry for door prizes, reception, dinner and dance on Saturday night. Tickets are available at Bridgeside Marina. Fish weigh in will be held both Friday and Saturday nights.
The 2023 event produced winning fish, very happy anglers, and a $ 9,000 donation to the Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center at TGMC, Thibodeaux Regional Cancer Center, and the “Wig Room” at the Lady of the Sea General Hospital located in Galliano. The rodeo’s goal to raise awareness and support for breast cancer was achieved.
This year’s rodeo will again support the Wig Room at the Lady of the Sea Hospital, The Hope Lodge in New Orleans, Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center at TGMC in Houma and Thibodaux Regional Cancer Center. Our goal is to promote Breast Cancer Awareness and Prevention with another donation.
The Grand Isle Ladies Fishing Rodeo Committee is encouraging team fishing, so get a group of friends together to “fish the ditches” or charter a boat to fish. Design a team shirt or decorate the official rodeo hat and win the special “Fishing Fashion Award” as a team. To be eligible for the award register your team name and members at the Rodeo ticket booth during the rodeo or at the Tourist Center prior to the rodeo. Winners must be present and wearing the team costume, shirt or decorated rodeo cap Saturday night.
- Tickets must be purchased prior to rodeo participation. Only Ladies/Girls may weigh in fish. Each Ticket may weigh in one fish per category per day.
- All fish categories will be determined by weight in lbs. to the nearest 100th. In event of tie, first fish weighed wins.
- All decisions of Weigh Master are final. Fish weigh in will be held both Friday at 3 - 6 and Saturday 12 noon to 4 pm.
- All fish must be taken on hook and line. Mutilated, frozen, shot or otherwise unsportsmanlike catches will not be accepted for competition.
- Prior to weighing in a fish, participant must present rodeo ticket with complete name written on the ticket to weigh master.
- A participant must abide by LDWF fishing regulations relating to size and bag limits.
- The female angler with the most weight in fish on the leaderboard will determine the the Big Fish Category. The Fisherette will be determined by points first, if then still tied it will go by weight, if then still tied it goes by first fish weighed in.
- Ages for the Youth division are 5 to 15.
- One fish per ticket per category per day.
- Ladies fishing the Kayak Division can only weigh in fish for the kayak division. This year it is the Rat Red and Speckled Trout. If they want to weigh in a fish in the regular fish categories, they will need to buy two tickets.